Please click on paintings to view larger.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

100 plein air paintings in 100 days - #91/#92

#91 - "Green on Green"
Original Oil 6x8"

10/07/15 (5pm)
The background and the water gave me so much grief on this one, I changed them and changed them and changed them. And then I remembered.

Simplify.


#92 - "Late Day Light"
Original Oil 6x8"

10/07/15 (7:30 pm)

Painting outdoors is incredibly challenging, but it is also infinitely rewarding. There are moments when I have just spent an hour or two completeing a painting and am cleaning my palette when I stop to look around and I realize I am in an altered state, connected with the  landscape on a deep level, rooted in it. Integrated. It is this sense that I have become more and more aware of throughout the course of this project.

In the end it doesn't much matter if my painting turns out, I have been changed by the experience, and that's what I hope will show up my future work.

6 comments:

  1. Liz! #91 is fab! You're on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WWWoooooWWW Liz!!! bellos trabajos....Felicidades. Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've done it again! And only 8 more to see, sigh. THat streak of light on the water in Late Day Light is fabulous, makes the whole painting. Another keeper, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much you guys! Wow, I am sure going to miss all your wonderful feedback and support when 100 has been posted!

    Bobbi, "Late Day Light" went home to live with some dear friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the glow! Fantastic for both. #91 really feels like the Emerald Kingdom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are coming down the stretch now - and each painting is more impressive than the last. What a masterful command of greens in your 'Green on Green', and 'Late Day Light' is my idea of heaven...

    ReplyDelete